10 Fun Fall Activities to enjoy with your Doodle!
Summer is over and there are plenty of fall activities to enjoy with your Doodle!
It’s that time of year again! Autumn has arrived and it’s a great opportunity to make some special memories with your Doodle celebrating the cooler weather and season change!
Here are 10 fun ideas to get you started on fall activities to enjoy with your Doodle dog:
- Choose a cuddly new sweater for your Doodle. Be sure to wash before wearing to remove germs and manufacturing odors.
- Make or find a pile of leaves for your Doodle to jump in. You may need to demonstrate how it’s done!
- Stage a seasonal photo shoot including pumpkins, leaves, hay, etc. It’s best to avoid close proximity to those colorful fall mums, though, if your dog is prone to snack on flowers. All types of mums are toxic to dogs if swallowed.
- Take your Doodle to a pumpkin patch! Be sure to ask if dogs are welcome. Many farms enjoy inviting leashed dogs to their fall activities. Your dog can be helpful in choosing your pumpkin with you! Just be prepared to earn good citizen points by cleaning up after your dog.
- Drop by your favorite coffee shop to treat your dog to a Pup Cup of cream while you enjoy your pumpkin-spiced latte! It’s often free with your paid drink. Don’t forget to tip those hard-working baristas!
- Host a Harvest or Halloween party for your neighborhood dogs inviting everyone to come in costume! Have someone ready to take pictures!
- Make doggie treats together! There are lots of fun fall-themed doggie treat recipes to be found on the internet!
- Carve pumpkins together! Fresh pumpkin (including the seeds) is generally safe if your dog doesn’t eat too much. Pumpkins are high in fiber and low in calories. As with everything, avoid over-consumption as too much fresh pumpkin can cause digestive upset.
- Visit an apple orchard or corn maze! Many have hayrides and fun photo-op props that your Doodle will love! Again, call ahead to be sure dogs are welcome.
- Plan a family camp out in your backyard with your Doodle! They love to cuddle up with you in a tent and make memories with you. It’s a great opportunity to teach your pup good fire safety if you have a campfire. Just be sure to keep the chocolate for the s’mores out of reach.