Application to Rehome Your Crockett Doodle
Occasionally a member of the Crockett Doodles family needs to re-home their beloved doodle puppy or doodle adult dog. As responsible doodle breeders, Crockett Doodles wants to facilitate the re-homing of any doodle puppy (or adult doodle dog) who is no longer a fit in his family. We want each of our Crockett Doodles puppies to find the ideal forever family.
We have a thorough application process, and seek the very best fit in forever homes for each of our puppies. By our records, more than 99% of the puppies we place in homes are an ideal fit and find their forever home from the very beginning. In rare instances, a doodle puppy needs to find a new home—often the situation is no fault of the puppy at all. Here are some of the reasons in the past occasional families have sought to re-home their doodle puppy:
- An Unexpected Family Emergency: Sometimes the dog’s primary caregiver finds out that she or he has a terminal illness. One time a family was dealing with a serious illness with a loved one, and found out that they were expecting twins (unexpectedly). They realized the best thing for their dog was to find a new loving home for him. Here’s an example of a previous dog that needed to be re-homed.
- A Challenge that Prevents Adequate Care: A very kind couple who adopted a puppy from Crockett Doodles emailed us a few weeks after adoption, saying that their doodle puppy was amazing, but the wife (who was home with the pup during the day) had suffered a major injury to her foot. No longer able to get around, it was increasingly difficult to house train the puppy. This family realized the best thing for the puppy would be to find a new home, so the wife could focus on her foot healing, and they could later adopt a doodle puppy from Crockett Doodles.
- Not an Ideal Fit: Occasionally a family with little kids find that their children are scared of a puppy due to the puppy’s energy. Sometimes a family with extreme allergies may be allergic to dog saliva, or may find that even minimal shedding sets off their allergies. A home like this may realize that it’s in the dog’s best interest to go to a home without severe allergies.
Crockett Doodles stands by each of its puppies, and we may be able to receive a puppy back into one of our partner homes if any family just wants to return one of their puppies because it is not an ideal fit. In this case, we are happy to take back your puppy, but we are unable to refund the purchase price to you. It should also be noted that our Health Guarantee does not extend past a puppies first owner. If any Crockett Doodle is resold or gifted to another home at any point the spay/neuter contract is still active, but our Health Guarantee no longer applies.
Typically a family would like to recoup some of their cost associated with puppy care, so we’ve created this opportunity to give a family seeking re-homing access to the many families waiting on our deposit list. We also like to make announcements on our Facebook page as we have a large and growing Facebook following. Our goal is to assist you in finding the ideal forever home for your dog.
If you have a puppy or older dog you adopted from Crockett Doodles that needs to be re-homed (maybe you find yourself in the position listed above), we have created a safe platform for you to advertise your dog.
If you choose to use our ReHome Service, we will ask you to submit an application with your dog’s information, send us a few recent pictures and answer a few questions for us. You will be able to decide the sale price of your dog. We will create a post of your dog on our ReHome Adoption page on this website and post your dog on our media platforms. We will then receive and manage applications to adopt your dog, review those applicants (there will likely be hundreds based on our past experiences), and choose the family that seems to be a good match for your dog. You will be given that applicant’s contact information and you can contact them directly to arrange for adoption and payment on your own terms. Your contact information will be kept private and you will not be inundated with applicants for your dog. This will save you a great amount of time and still give you the peace of mind that your dog is being placed in a quality forever home. You will have the opportunity to meet your dog’s new forever home when you arrange for your dog’s adoption.
Our ReHome Service Charge is $100 to use this safe platform and have access to our wide base of constituents, fans, and Crockett Doodles families as well as our social media outlets while protecting your privacy. It will also cover our costs to invest time in evaluating the applications for your dog to select the one that fits your wishes.
If you are interested in using our ReHome Service, you can click the link below and answer the questions. Then you’ll be asked to pay the $100 ReHome Service Charge. Once you’ve paid the $100 Service Charge, if you need to back-out of the rehoming process before we post your pup online, we will refund your money (minus a $30 processing charge). If you need to back-out of the rehoming process after your pup has been posted on our website, your rehome service fee is no longer refundable. Once you have done this, your application to ReHome your dog will automatically be sent to us. We will contact you and let you know when your dog has been posted for sale.
Then you can just sit back and wait while we do the work to find your Crockett Doodle a new forever home. Once we have found that family, we’ll contact you and the two of you can work out the payment and adoption arrangements directly with each other.
Here are a few pointers for submitting an influential advertisement for your dog:
- Send us excellent pictures in good lighting of your puppy from different angles. Outside lighting tends to produce good pictures, and good pictures can sell your dog.
- We will be using your words from your application as your advertisement, so please choose wisely.
- Include a few comments about your dog’s personality, likes and dislikes, and accomplishments to give potential forever homes an idea of your dog’s temperament.