Doodling Around – 6 Fun Things To Do With Your Dog In Asheville, North Carolina
Fun places to see and things to do with your dog in Asheville, North Carolina!
Asheville, North Carolina, is just a short drive from our many Forever and Partner Homes in the Greenville, SC area. If you are new to the Carolinas or are looking for something to do when traveling our way, consider beautiful Asheville, North Carolina.
This charming city is considered a top pet-friendly destination in the U.S. One visit and we think you’ll agree!
When you first arrive in Asheville, you must visit the Dog City USA Asheville Welcome Center. It really is a one-of-a-kind place and you will find everything you need to know about what to do and where to go with your pet in Asheville, NC.
- Asheville has many pet friendly hotels and Airbnb rentals that can accommodate multiple pets, kids, large families, etc.
- Asheville restaurant owners really want you to bring your Doodles with you! Many offer fun menu options for your pet, fresh water bowls, treats and also have potty break areas.
- Bring your Doodle to the Biltmore! https://www.biltmore.com/faq/is-biltmore-pet-friendly-2/ Pets are welcome all over the grounds but they may not go inside the Biltmore House. Our suggestion is to go with a group and you can split up time between the house and the grounds so that someone is always with your pet. Pets must be on a visible leash at the Biltmore House.
- Asheville has so many hiking trails right outside of the city in the gorgeous Blue Ridge Parkway. These are pet-friendly and a great way to wear out your Doodle puppy and young dog energy! Remember your leash, doggy bags, and travel water bowls.
- If you are looking for off-leash places to visit, check out areas by the French Broad River. A couple of our staff favorites are the Azalea Dog Park and the Black Mountain River Walk Park.
- Asheville has great Veterinary offices and several offer 24-hour access in case of emergency. This is great to know when bringing your pet for hiking and outdoor activity. As always, be sure your pup is up for the hiking, walking and outdoor activity you have planned. Always bring plenty of water for your pet.
You might be interested in our Shopping List as you consider Doodling around Asheville with your furry friend.