Why We Choose TLC Dog Food
TLC Whole Life Puppy is formulated with ingredients, including a balanced ratio of protein and fats and bio-appropriate (balanced) calcium & phosphorous levels to support your puppy’s specific needs. This includes DHA from Salmon Oil for cognitive development and high quality protein for muscle growth while ensuring correct weight gain as your dog grows to adulthood.
TLC developed our Puppy formula for those dogs that require a little more protein and fat for additional weight gain compared to our All Life Stages Dog Food, and a more limited ingredient introductory diet to encourage easy digestion and stool firmness.
Healthier, Shinier Coat
TLC Puppy has the top ingredients for skin and coat health, including the best animal fats, omega-3 rich salmon oil and the Herbal pack of essential natural nutrients.
For healthy skin and coat, dogs need high quality nutrients, including animal fats and oils. TLC Whole Life Puppy Food includes chicken fat and Omega-3 rich salmon oil to nourish the skin and coat with essential oils. TLC also includes Flaxseed as an additional quality source of Omega-3 essential fatty acids.
In addition to helping to keep the skin and coat healthy, Omega-3 Fatty Acids help to maintain lower cholesterol levels for heart health. In addition to essential oil and fats, your puppy’s developing skin health needs the best quality and most digestible minerals. TLC Whole Life Puppy contains chelated minerals needed for skin and coat health. Chelated refers to the process of attaching the minerals to an amino acid, making them much easier to digest and absorb. Chelated minerals usually list as “proteinate” on ingredient lists.
Protection Against Allergies
TLC Whole Life Puppy does not contain any of the more common allergens such as corn, soy beans, wheat or beef. TLC is specially formulated to provide an allergy-free diet for your puppy.
Any protein source (lamb, beef, poultry, wheat, corn, etc.) can cause an allergy reaction if consumed by a sensitized dog. More allergic reactions will occur when beef or wheat products are fed as they have been in dog food longer. Lamb and rice are used by many veterinarians to feed to dogs that are sensitive to other meat sources.
TLC has omitted all of the common allergens from all its products, including TLC Whole Life Puppy. Our carbohydrates and proteins are specifically selected for their low allergy rating.
TLC Whole Life Puppy contains both Quinoa and Vitamin C for immune system health and stress protection. A healthy immune system can best manage any environmental allergens such as pollen and grass.
TLC Whole Life Puppy does not contain any artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, all of which are common allergens and should be avoided.
No By-Products, Corn, Wheat, Fillers, Artificial Flavors or Colors
TLC Whole Life Puppy contains no by-products, potato, corn, wheat, soy, fillers, artificial flavors or colors. No compromise!
TLC Whole Life uses only the very best ingredients in their most natural form, with no animal or plant by-products. TLC only uses ingredients that support beneficial nutrition, with no fillers or artificial flavors or colors. Color does nothing for the dog, and is added to competitor pet foods purely to attract the pet owner, not the dog itself – TLC never uses artificial colors.
TLC has omitted all of the common allergens from Whole Life Puppy Food, including corn and wheat. We also omit potato, a common pet food ingredient, due to its high glycemic rating contributing to insulin resistance, diabetes and obesity.
TLC offers a full 100% money back guarantee if you are for any reason unsatisfied with the food.
Meat First Formula
New Zealand Lamb, Fresh Chicken & Atlantic Salmon
With New Zealand Lamb, Fresh Chicken and Omega-3 rich Atlantic Salmon, providing essential amino acids, digestibility and palatability.
Meat is always the first ingredient in TLC, with emphasis on the protein-rich, low-carbohydrate ancestral diet of wild dogs. With its high meat content, TLC is an excellent substitute for RAW diets. TLC’s meats are chicken, lamb and salmon. No by-products or fillers – no compromise!
Protein is the building block of life, essential for your puppy’s muscle and tissue
development. TLC’s top two ingredients Lamb and Chicken are among the highest digestible proteins available. Lamb Meal is an excellent source of protein, great for muscle development and overall body maintenance. Chicken provides a balanced and complete amino acid profile and the fresh meaty flavor that puppies love.
Salmon Meal is an excellent source of protein and Omega-3 Fatty Acids to develop and support your puppy’s heart, circulatory, skin and coat health. The salmon meal and oil used in TLC Whole Life Puppy comes from the Atlantic Ocean, and are naturally preserved with Vitamin E, and are 100% Ethoxyquin free!
Probiotics & Prebiotics
Probiotics are dietary supplements containing beneficial bacteria, intended to help your puppy achieve a naturally occurring balance of bacteria, thus promoting digestive health. TLC Whole Life Puppy Food contains the four most important types of Probiotic beneficial bacteria:
- Enterococcus Faecium promotes bowel and colon health by helping to counter other toxic bacteria, including E coli.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus inhabits the intestines to protect against unhealthy organisms. As this beneficial bacteria breaks down nutrients in the intestine, it produces lactic acid, and other compounds that make the environment hostile for toxic organisms.
- Lactobacillus Casei inhabits the mouth and intestines to protect against unhealthy organisms. Lactobacillus Casei may assist in the elimination of the negative H. Pylori bacteria, which may be responsible for stomach ulcers and other gastrointestinal ailments.
- Bifidobacterium Thermophilum is a genus of anaerobic bacteria and a form of probiotic (beneficial bacteria) that is thought to have health-promoting properties. Bifidobacteria are one of the major strains of bacteria that make up the gut flora.
Prebiotics are dietary supplements that the provide nutrients for the Probiotic beneficial bacteria. TLC Puppy contains Chicory Root Extract to provide ideal nutrition for the beneficial bacteria found in TLC. Chicory root contains the soluble fiber inulin, which feeds beneficial bacteria in the intestines. The prebiotics in TLC are non-digestible, allowing them to reach the intestine unaffected by the digestion process. When they reach the intestine, the prebiotics feed the beneficial bacteria, providing good digestive health. The reaching of prebiotics to the intestine in this unchanged form is referred to as the prebiotic effect.
TLC Whole Life Herbal PackTM includes:
An exclusive all natural, antioxidant-rich blend of herbs, fruits and vegetables to promote healthy digestion and help protect against disease and inflammation.
- Apple is high in fiber, which aids in keeping the digestive track clear. It is also a natural source of calcium, iron and Vitamins A, C, and K.
- Blueberries are one of the top sources of antioxidants, ideal for cardiovascular health, immune system health and control of inflammation.
- Carrots provide a high source of beta-carotene for vision health, and offer cardiovascular and antioxidant health benefits.
- Cranberries for urinary tract health and added antioxidants.
- Chicory Root Extract provides natural fiber and food for the beneficial bacteria required for a healthy intestinal tract. Benefits may include increased nutrient absorption, digestive aid, and immune system support.
- Flaxseed is an excellent source of Omega-3 essential fatty acids, which help to keep the skin and coat healthy, and maintain lower cholesterol levels.
- Quinoa a relative of leafy green vegetables like spinach, contains a perfect balance of eight essential amino acids and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
- Rosemary Extract is a natural antioxidant, supporting the immune system and heart health.
- Sweet Potato supports a low glycemic index to help prevent obesity. Also an excellent source of vitamin A.
- Yucca Schidigera Extract is an anti-inflammatory that reduces joint pain and inflammation. It also reduces urine and stool odor.